Nutritional Therapy uses a much different approach compared to the conventional medical model.
The approach is centered on you and your individual needs. Nutritional therapy focuses on balancing the six foundational pillars of health. These are diet, digestion, blood sugar handling, fatty acid balance, minerals, and hydration. By balancing these major organ systems and addressing these nutritional deficiencies, the body is then capable of healing on its own.
The full process consists of using many different tools to fully evaluate your current health status as well as determine what it is that you specifically need to balance your foundations. Nutritional therapists understand that each client is a bio-individual and your body has its own unique needs. We understand there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to our clients and their needs.
Evaluation Tools Used:
- Food Journal Evaluation: A food journal allows us to make recommendations on what you can add to your diet to provide more nourishment. It also allows us to provide education on certain foods that will be best minimized in the diet for optimal health.
- Confidential Client Interview: The interview is your opportunity to really tell us what you would like to achieve and what you have been going through in your health struggles. This is a way in which we can gain important information on your health so that we can make the best recommendations possible.
- Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire: The NAQ is an extensive survey regarding symptoms you may be experiencing. This tool evaluates symptom severity so that we gain insight into which systems you are having trouble with. This also allows us to better determine which areas we need to address first.
- Functional Evaluation: Another invaluable tool that we employ as Nutritional Therapists is the functional evaluation. In the functional evaluation, we palpate or touch certain reflex points on the body in order to determine system and organ function. This tool allows us to gain information strictly from your body which is completely unique to you. From this information, we can also determine which systems and areas that need attention first.
- Lingual-Neuro Testing: Lastly, we use Lingual-Neuro Testing (LNT), which is a valuable biofeedback tool that enables us to determine the usefulness of a nutritional supplement before it is dispensed to the client. LNT accesses the body’s innate ability to discriminate between what it needs, and what it does not need, in order to correct a specific problem–a weak organ or a nutritional deficiency, for example. This simple and effective technique makes the difference between a generic nutritional therapy plan and a personalized one.
Take the Next Step to Optimal Health
To learn more about the best plan of action for you specifically, contact us to set up a free initial consultation. This no-obligation consultation will help us to determine if nutritional therapy is right for you.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-42630293-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);