This is my favorite restaurant style salsa that can be made the day before an event. It tastes even better once all the ingredients have time to sit and blend together.
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman
- 1 can (28 Ounce) organic Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- 1/4 cup organic Chopped Onion
- 1 clove organic Garlic, Minced
- *1 whole organic Jalapeno or Serrano pepper, Quartered And Sliced Thin
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic Ground Cumin
- 1/2 cup organic Cilantro (more To Taste!)
- Juice from 1/2 whole organic Lime
Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
Combine whole tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings and adjust as needed. Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour before serving.
*Please note that depending on the pepper’s size and potency, it may be very hot or very mild. You may want to start with half the pepper and go from there.